Getting Ready for School
Vines EC/ PK Center serves eligible students from Harris, Smith, Carter, Stovall, and Ermel elementary schools. Children are eligible if they are 4 years old on or before September 1st and meet other eligibility requirements. If you feel that your child has a special need and may meet Special Education qualifications, please call 281.878.1514. In order to qualify for these services, the child must have severe deficits in speech/language development, motor/physical delays, hearing loss or impaired vision.
Please bring the information listed below to ensure that your child can be enrolled in an efficient manner.
- Birth Certificate (from the Bureau of Vital Statistics)
- Social Security Card (for the child)
- Proof of Address (current light, gas, water bill or lease only; no disconnect notices)
- If you live with someone and the bills are NOT in your name, the person on the bill must come with you and have a valid ID or Driver’s License with current address that appears on the bill.
- Parent Picture ID
- Shot Record (DTAP and polio booster on or after 4th birthday, 2 MMR’s, HIB given after 15 months, 1st dose Pneumococcal on or after 24 months, 2 doses Hepatitis A, 3 doses Hepatitis B and 2 doses of Varicella unless child’s had the chickenpox disease). We recommend that you take the shot record to your child’s doctor to be read a few days before registration appointment date or to the physical appointment to ensure all vaccines are noted.
- Total Household Income Documentation (Most recent month’s worth) If you are paid in cash, you will need to bring a current NOTARIZED LETTER indicating your income for the last 30 days before your appointment. If you are receiving TANF, SSI, Medicaid or any other government assistance you will need to bring current proof with amount shown.
VINES EC/ PK CENTER IS A UNIFORM SCHOOL!
All students must wear:
- Any solid color collared shirts.
- Khaki or navy blue pants, shorts, skirts, or dresses.
- Shoes must have a back and be closed toe. Sandals, flip flops, and slippers are not permitted. Tennis shoes with Velcro are recommended.
- Girls may not wear high heeled shoes.
- A clear or mesh backpack. Backpacks will be available for purchase in the front office, while supplies last.
- Boys hair must fall above the collar.
- FRIDAY SPIRIT ATTIRE INCLUDES: Jeans, tennis shoes, and Vines T-shirt (Available for purchase in the front office while supplies last).
- 6 No. 2 pencils
- 5 eraser caps for pencils
- 1 spiral-bound composition notebook, 100 pages, wide rule
- 2 pocket only folders, assorted colors
- 2 pkgs. of 12×18-inch construction paper, assorted colors
- 2 pkg. of 50-count 12×18-inch Manila paper
- 2 containers of 4-ounce school glue
- 1 5-inch blunt pair of scissors
- 4 6-gram glue sticks
- 2 boxes of 8-count large crayons
- 1 box of 24-count crayons
- 1 box of 8-count broad line washable markers
- 2 boxes of 100-count facial tissue
- 2 8-ounce bottles (with dispenser) of waterless hand sanitizer
- 2 pkgs. of 2 ml reclosable or resealable sandwich bags
- 6 lápices de grafito núm. 2
- 5 gomas de borrar tipo capuchón para los lápices
- 1 cuaderno con espiral, 100 hojas, papel rayado renglón ancho
- 2 carpetas de cartón de doble bolsillo, cada carpeta de diferente color
- 2paquetes de cartulina o papel de construcción, de colores diferentestamaño 12×18
- 2paquetes de 50 hojas de papel manila en color crema, tamaño12x18 pulgadas
- 2 frascos de pegamento (cada frasco de 4 onzas)
- 1 tijera escolar de punta roma (despuntada), de 5 pulgadas
- 4 lápices adhesivos (o pegamento en barra), cada lapiz de 6 gramos
- 2 cajas de colores de cera, pinturas de cera o crayones de cera gruesas,8 colores por caja
- 1 caja de 24 crayones
- 1 caja de 8 plumones o marcadores lavablesy punta o línea gruesa
- 2 cajas de pañuelos de papel o klínex, 100 pañuelos por caja
- 2 frascos con dispensador de antiséptico instantáneo o esterilizadorinmediato para las manos, cada botella de 8 onzas
- 2 cajas de bolsas de plástico con cierre, tamaño sándwich ó2 ml