The following procedures are in place to ensure safety for our students:
- All Students:
- Must wear a tag everyday. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Order forms for plastic ID badges will be sent home during the 4th or 5th week of school.
- Students may be walked to class for the first 3 days of school only!
- Students may only have 1 mode of transportation.
- Any person picking up a student at Vines/ home school must be on the pick up list and have an ID.
- If a change is necessary, please come in person to the front office.
Car Riders (White Tags):
- Drop off is 7:15 – 7:45 a.m.. Your child is tardy at 7:46 a.m. and you must park and bring your child in to the front desk. Please remember, 3 tardies is equivalent to 1 unexcused absence.
- Dismissal is 2:15 – 2:45 p.m. Parents are late at 2:46 p.m. After the 3rd late pick up, a change in transportation may be required.
- Car riders are only dismissed from the car rider line. Please do not walk to the front of the building.
- A visible white car rider number or sign is required to pick up a student. If you do not have a sign it will take an additional 15 minutes to verify your ID.
- The line is long for the first 2 weeks of school. Please be patient.
Walkers (Pink Tags):
- Walkers must be walked to the front door of the building between 7:15 – 7:45 a.m. Students are tardy at 7:46 a.m.
- Please do not park your car and walk your child to the building. All drivers must use the car rider line.
- Walkers are dismissed from the front of the building between 2:10 and 2:30 p.m.
Day Care Riders (Peach Tags):
- Some day cares will pick up from the home school only. Please confirm whether your day care will pick up from Vines or the home school.
- Day care vans will drop students off in the car rider line in the morning. Afternoon pick up for day care is located along the side of the building in front of the car riders. All day cares must pick up students by 2:45 p.m.
Bus Riders (Blue, Gold, Green, Red, or Purple Tags):
- Tag color depends on the home school.
- Please be at the stop no later than 6:35 in the morning and 3:30 in the afternoon for the first week of school. Drivers can give you a more exact time after the first week.
- Bus stops are located at the corners of the street with the elementary students. Bus stops for apartments are usually in the front near the office.
- An adult must supervise your children while waiting for the bus.
- An adult will receive bus signs that are required to pick up your child. No sign, no student, no exceptions!
- Please keep the signs to use when someone else must pick up the student from the bus stop.
- PK students will only be allowed to walk home with a sibling in 1st grade or older. No exceptions!
- Students who are arriving at a home school in the morning to ride the shuttle to Vines must be in the designated Pre-K waiting area no later than 7:15 a.m. to ensure that they make it to the bus on time.
- If no one is at the stop to pick up your student, they will be returned to the home school. After the 2nd incident, bus privileges will be suspended.
- Riding the bus is a privilege. Failure to follow the procedures & rules on the bus or at the home school will result in a loss of these privileges.
- Students must sit down on the bus. Safety!!!
- Students must keep their hands to themselves at all times. Safety!!!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact an administrator at (281) 878-7950.